REMIND 101 is a text messaging system that the AHS Orchestra Director and Student Council use to communicate via text messages about orchestra events, socials, fundraisers, rehearsals, cancellations, and other important topics. (See the website, remind.com, for more information.)
Every student and parent/guardian with a cell phone / messaging ability should subscribe. Students should subscribe to the version for the orchestra in which they are involved. Parents/guardians should subscribe to both the parent version and the version for their child’s orchestra. We plan to avoid sending the same messages to both lists.
To sign up on REMIND 101
- Compose a text message to the number (225) 412-6913
- For the body of the message, type the relevant code from the “Class Code” list below.
- Students will subscribe using their orchestra’s code from the list below.
- Parents should subscribe both to the version for AHS Orchestra Parents and to the version for their child’s orchestra.
- You will receive a text message asking for a reply with your name. For parents, please include the name of your student after your own name, for example
“James Potter (father of Harry Potter)”.
- You will receive an immediate confirmation and, in the future, all relevant announcements.
Class/Orchestra Code to enter in text body
|AHS Orchestra Parents||@ahsoparent|
|Philharmonic & Recital Orchestras||@18rephil|